Travel outside Australia

There are rules for when we can pay you Telephone Allowance when you’re outside Australia.

What the rules are

If you leave Australia to live in another country, your payment will stop on departure.

If you leave Australia on a temporary basis, we may continue paying you Telephone Allowance. But all of these must apply:

  • we can pay your main payment outside Australia
  • your payday is within the first 6 weeks of your absence
  • you continue to pay for a phone or internet service.

Read more about payments while outside Australia.

Page last updated: 16 March 2020