How much you can get
You can get a standard rate or higher rate of Mobility Allowance depending on your circumstances.
There are 2 ways to get the standard rate of payment.
You’ll get $99.50 a fortnight by doing 1 or more of the following. You must do these for at least 32 hours every 4 weeks on a continuing basis:
- paid work
- vocational training
- independent living
- life skills training.
You’ll get $99.50 a fortnight if you either:
- seek work through an Employment Services Provider, including Disability Employment Services, jobactive or Community Development Program
- take part in Disability Management Services under the Disability Employment Service
- get JobSeeker Payment, Youth Allowance and meet mutual obligation requirements
- get Austudy and meet activity tests.
You can read more about:
- jobactive on their website
- Community Development Program on the National Indigenous Australians Agency website.
You’ll get $139.10 a fortnight if you get 1 of the following payments:
And are doing at least 1 of the following:
- working for at least 15 hours a week on or above the relevant minimum wage
- seeking work for 15 hours or more a week through an Employment Services Provider, including Disability Employment Services, jobactive, or Community Development Program
- working for 15 hours or more a week in the open labour market on productivity based wages under the Supported Wage System.
Remember, the Supported Wage System doesn’t include work through supported employment like Australian Disability Enterprises.
We may pay you for an extra 12 weeks if either your:
- work, self-employment, study or training stops
- agreement to look for work with your provider stops.
Page last updated: 1 July 2020
This information was printed 11 August 2020 from https://www.servicesaustralia.gov.au/individuals/services/centrelink/mobility-allowance/how-much-you-can-get. It may not include all of the relevant information on this topic. Please consider any relevant site notices at https://www.servicesaustralia.gov.au/individuals/site-notices when using this material.