A payment if you give constant care to someone who has a severe disability, illness, or an adult who is frail aged.
We have information in different languages about Carer Payment
Call our Multilingual Phone Service to speak with us in your language about your Centrelink payments and services.
To get this you must:
- be an Australian resident
- care for someone who is an Australian resident
- care for 1 or more people who have care need scores high enough on the assessment tools used for an adult or child
- care for someone who’ll have these needs for at least 6 months
- be under the pension income and assets test limits.
Read the full conditions under who can get it.
Complete the following steps to claim Carer Payment. Before you start, check if you can get it.
Page last updated: 15 October 2021
This information was printed 11 October 2021 from https://www.servicesaustralia.gov.au/individuals/services/centrelink/carer-payment. It may not include all of the relevant information on this topic. Please consider any relevant site notices at https://www.servicesaustralia.gov.au/individuals/site-notices when using this material.