An income support payment if you give constant care to someone who has a severe disability, illness, or an adult who is frail aged.
To get this you must:
- be under the pension income and assets test limits
- be an Australian resident
- care for someone who is an Australian resident
- care for 1 or more people who have care need scores high enough on the assessment tools used for an adult or child
- care for someone who’ll have these needs for at least 6 months.
Read the full conditions under who can get it.
Complete the following steps to claim Carer Payment. Before you start, check if you can get it.
Page last updated: 24 February 2021
This information was printed 6 May 2021 from https://www.servicesaustralia.gov.au/individuals/services/centrelink/carer-payment. It may not include all of the relevant information on this topic. Please consider any relevant site notices at https://www.servicesaustralia.gov.au/individuals/site-notices when using this material.