Carer Payment

An income support payment if you give constant care to someone who has a severe disability, illness, or an adult who is frail aged.

To get this you must:

  • be under the pension income and assets test limits
  • be an Australian resident
  • care for someone who is an Australian resident
  • care for 1 or more people who have care need scores high enough on the assessment tools used for an adult or child
  • care for someone who’ll have these needs for at least 6 months.

Read the full conditions under who can get it.

Page last updated: 24 February 2021