An income support payment if you give constant care to someone who has a severe disability, illness, or an adult who is frail aged.
To get this you must:
- be under the pension income and assets test limits
- be an Australian resident
- care for someone who is an Australian resident
- care for 1 or more people who have care need scores high enough on the assessment tools used for an adult or child
- care for someone who’ll have these needs for at least 6 months or the rest of their life.
Read the full conditions under who can get it.
Complete the following steps to claim Carer Payment. Before you start, check if you can get it.
Page last updated: 27 May 2020
This information was printed 10 July 2020 from https://www.servicesaustralia.gov.au/individuals/services/centrelink/carer-payment. It may not include all of the relevant information on this topic. Please consider any relevant site notices at https://www.servicesaustralia.gov.au/individuals/site-notices when using this material.