How to use it

You can use Centrepay to pay for goods and services from many businesses, and set up deductions. You can set up deductions from most Centrelink payments.

Centrepay gives you control

You can start, change or stop deductions at any time.

For example, you can:

  • set a target amount for when they’ll stop
  • set an end date for them to stop within the next 12 months
  • choose which bills we pay first
  • change the amount if a bill goes up or down
  • change the amount for up to 13 weeks, then go back to the previous amount
  • pause them for up to 13 weeks, then they’ll start again.

While Centrepay lets you manage your payments you still need to meet your obligations to pay a business.

Centrelink payments you can’t use Centrepay for

You can’t set up a Centrepay deduction from these payments:

  • ABSTUDY, excluding Basic Living Allowance
  • Advance payments, excluding Family Tax Benefit advances
  • bereavement payment
  • Child Care Subsidy
  • Dad and Partner Pay
  • Farm Household Allowance
  • Parental Leave Pay paid by employers for Paid Parental Leave
  • Status Resolution Support Services Payment.

You can’t set them up from these payments either:

  • arrears payments
  • Boarding Allowance
  • Child Care Subsidy
  • Distance Education Allowance
  • quarterly supplement, like Telephone Allowance and Pension Supplement
  • Restart Income Support or Restart Re-establishment Grant
  • Second Home Allowance.

If you’re not sure if you can set up a Centrepay deduction, call us on your regular payment number.

Page last updated: 3 March 2022.
QC 42911