You can start, change or stop using Centrepay whenever you like.
You can use it for your regular bills and other ongoing expenses, such as rent, electricity and phone.
You’ll need to give us permission to pay your bills using part of your payment.
You tell us:
- who you want to pay
- how much you want to pay them
- which Centrelink payment you want the money to come from.
We take money from your payment before you get it and send it to the businesses you want to pay.
You can only use Centrepay to pay a business that we've approved.
You can find a list of businesses that use Centrepay in your area. Enter your location into the find a business or organisation search tool. It’ll show you a list of businesses near you.
We take out your Centrepay deductions from your Centrelink payment last. Other amounts we’ll deduct first are:
- participation penalty amounts and non-payment periods
- weekly payment amount, if you get your payments weekly
- urgent and advance repayment amounts
- debt repayments
- child support payments
- tax deductions
- amounts directed to your Income Management account
- government housing rent deductions as part of the Rent Deduction Scheme.
We don’t charge you to use Centrepay.
We charge businesses a fee to accept Centrepay for their bills.
Centrepay businesses can’t:
- charge you for using Centrepay
- pass our fee on to you.
If you think they’ve charged you more to cover our fee, talk to them.
If you don’t accept their answer: