Steps to transfer to Age Pension
1. Get ready to transfer
The easiest way to transfer is online. You don’t need to complete the online transfer in 1 session. You can save your responses and continue with your transfer at a later time. We’ll only ask you questions relevant to your circumstances.
To transfer online, you need a Centrelink online account linked to myGov.
If you don’t have a myGov account or a Centrelink online account you’ll need to create them.
If you can’t transfer online either:
3. Start your transfer
If your Centrelink online account is linked to myGov, you can transfer online.
To do this:
- Sign in to myGov.
- Select Make a claim or view claim status, then Make a claim.
- Under Older Australians, select Get started.
- Select Transfer to Age Pension, then follow the prompts to submit your transfer.
4. Transfer received
After you submit your transfer online, you’ll get a confirmation telling you:
- when you have to provide all documentation by
- that your transfer was submitted.
We’ll also let you know the result of your transfer. We’ll send a letter to your:
If you don’t get electronic letters, we’ll send you a letter in the mail.
If we need more details we’ll ask you for them.
If you think we’ve made a mistake you can ask us to review our decision.