How to apply

You need to apply for the Rent Deduction Scheme through your housing authority.

They’ll get you to complete a deduction authority form.

Once approved, we'll deduct your rent from your Centrelink payment and give this to your housing authority.

We’ll send you a letter to confirm when your deductions will start.

Page last updated: 1 February 2023.
QC 51778