How to apply

You can apply for Additional Child Care Subsidy if you already get Child Care Subsidy (CCS) and meet certain criteria.

If you don’t already get CCS, you can apply for an additional subsidy at the same time you claim CCS.

The additional subsidies you can apply for are:

  • Grandparent
  • Transition to Work
  • Temporary Financial Hardship.

Your child care service can apply for the Child Wellbeing subsidy on your behalf. If you don’t already get CCS you should claim as soon as possible. This is because you need to be getting CCS to get the Child Wellbeing subsidy. Speak to your child care service if you think a child in your care is eligible for this additional subsidy.

Page last updated: 3 March 2022.
QC 42656