If you don’t currently get Child Care Subsidy for your child, you need to submit a claim for it online. We’ll ask some questions within this claim to check your eligibility for Additional Child Care Subsidy Temporary Financial Hardship. Read more about how to claim Child Care Subsidy.
Steps to apply for Additional Child Care Subsidy Temporary Financial Hardship
1. Get ready to apply
The easiest way to apply is online.
To apply online, you need a myGov account linked to Centrelink. If you don’t have a myGov account or a Centrelink online account you’ll need to set them up.
2. Get your documents ready to apply
You’ll need to get some supporting documents ready to help answer some of the questions in the application.
3. Make your application
- Sign in to myGov and go to Centrelink.
- Select My Family from the menu.
- Select Child care then Temporary financial hardship.
- Select Yes to confirm that you have read and understood the criteria you must meet to get Additional Child Care Subsidy.
- Answer all the questions. Each screen has information to help you complete the application. This includes how to submit your supporting documents and any other forms you need to complete.
- Review and submit your application.
When you're ready:
4. After you apply
After you submit your claim online, you’ll get a receipt telling you the ID number of your application.
This receipt will tell you what other documents you need to provide so we can assess your application.
We’ll let you know the result of your application. We’ll send a message to your myGov Inbox.
If you don't get electronic letters, we'll send you a letter in the mail.
If we need more details we’ll ask you for them.
If you think we’ve made a mistake you can ask us to review our decision.