Applying as you transition to work

If you already get Child Care Subsidy, complete the following steps to apply for the transition to work subsidy.

If you don’t currently get Child Care Subsidy for your child, you need to submit a claim for it online. We’ll ask some questions within this claim to check your eligibility for Additional Child Care Subsidy Transition to Work. Read more about how to claim Child Care Subsidy.

You must have an active Job Plan or Participation Plan at the time you apply. If you don’t, you must enter into one within 28 days of applying or we’ll reject your application.

Steps to apply for Additional Child Care Subsidy Transition to work

  1. Visiting a service centre

    1. Get ready to apply

    The easiest way to apply is online.

    To apply online, you need a myGov account linked to Centrelink. If you don’t have a myGov account or a Centrelink online account you’ll need to set them up.

  2. Gather Documents

    2. Get your documents ready to apply

    You’ll need to get some supporting documents ready to help answer some of the questions in the application.

  3. Claim online

    3. Make your application

    1. Sign in to myGov and go to Centrelink.
    2. Select My Family from the menu.
    3. Select Child care then Transition to work.
    4. Select Start new application.
    5. Answer all the questions. Each screen has information to help you complete the application.
    6. Review and submit your application.

    When you're ready:

    Sign in to myGov


    4. After you apply

    After you submit your claim online, you’ll get a receipt telling you the ID number of your application.

    This receipt will tell you what other documents you need to provide so we can assess your application.

    We’ll let you know the result of your application. We’ll send a message to your myGov Inbox.

    If you don't get electronic letters, we'll send you a letter in the mail.

    If we need more details we’ll ask you for them.

    If you think we’ve made a mistake you can ask us to review our decision.

Page last updated: 10 December 2021