You can enrol in Medicare if you have a valid temporary visa covered by one of these Ministerial Orders:
- Fulbright scholars
- Witness Protection (Trafficking) Temporary visa (subclass 787)
- De facto partners of Australian citizens or permanent residents
- Support for Victims of People Trafficking Program
- Temporary Humanitarian Concern visa (subclass 786)
- Contributory Parent visas (subclasses 173, 143, 884, 864)
- Temporary Protection visa (subclass 785)
- Removal Pending Bridging visa (subclass 070)
- Unauthorised maritime arrivals holding a Bridging E (Class WE) visa
- Humanitarian Stay (temporary) visa (subclass 449) for Afghanistan
- Secondary Movement Offshore Entry visa XB (subclass 447)
- Safe Haven Enterprise visa (subclass 790)
- Skilled Work Regional Provisional visa (subclass 491)
- Skilled Employer Sponsored Regional Provisional visa (subclass 494).
How to enrol or extend
You’ll need to give us the following:
- completed Medicare enrolment form
- identity and supporting documents.
Once you’ve completed your Medicare enrolment form, submit the form and supporting documents to Medicare Enrolment Services by email or post.
You don’t need to get your documents certified.