You can enrol in Medicare if you hold a valid temporary visa under a Ministerial Order. You’ll need to give us the following:
- completed Medicare enrolment form
- a passport, travel document or ImmiCard
- proof of a valid visa from the Department of Home Affairs.
We need copies of these documents for each person you want to enrol. You don’t need to get your documents certified.
If you don’t have these documents, tell us. We’ll talk to you about other options.
Submitting your enrolment form and documents
Make sure your documents are:
- in PDF, JPG, PNG, GIF or BMP format
- not password protected, or in a WinZip or RAR file
- no larger than 5MB for each document
- no larger than 10MB in total for all the documents.