Employment income reporting

We need to know the gross employment income you and your partner get so we can pay you the right amount.

ANZAC Day public holiday closure

Our service centres and most call centres close for national public holidays.

This means you’ll need to do your business with us online or by phone self-service.

Read more about public holiday reporting and payment dates.

Employment income affects your payment from us. To make sure we’re paying you the right amount, we need you to report your and your partner’s gross employment income.

Your gross income is the amount your employer pays you before tax and other deductions. You can find your gross pay amount on your payslip.

The information on this page may not apply to you if you’re permanently blind and get Disability Support Pension (DSP). Read more about employment income reporting when you’re working while getting DSP.

When you get a payment from us, you need to know:

You can get reminders to report to make sure you report your employment income.

You must report your employment income to us to avoid getting a debt.

Watch this video for tips about getting your reporting right.

Page last updated: 21 February 2024.
QC 30331