Steps to claim ABSTUDY Living Allowance as a secondary or primary student
1. Get your documents ready
You’ll need to get some documents ready to help answer some of the questions in the claim. We will need your Tax File Number, bank account details, and course details.
2. Make your claim
If you are a secondary or primary school student, you can claim the allowance by either:
- calling us on the ABSTUDY line and we'll help you
- printing and completing the claim for ABSTUDY or claim for ABSTUDY remote areas.
To submit your claim form, follow these steps:
- Check you’ve answered all questions.
- Sign and date the claim form.
- Attach any supporting documents.
- Submit your claim to us.
You can submit your claim form in 1 of the following ways:
- by post to
Reply Paid 7804
Canberra BC ACT 2610
- in person at a service centre.
Outcome of your claim
We’ll let you know the result of your application. We’ll send a message to your myGov Inbox.
If you don't get electronic letters, we'll send you a letter in the mail.
If we need more details we’ll ask you for them.
You can ask us to review our decision if you think we’ve made a mistake.