What to tell us
You need to tell us if any of the following things change:
- you change or correct your name
- your personal and contact details
- your bank details
- your study, including any changes to your study load
- your relationship changes, for example if you become partnered or separated
- care arrangements for anyone in your care, including your children
- you're leaving the country, temporarily or to live somewhere else
- your or your partner's income or assets change.
You also need to tell us if there are changes to both your:
- accommodation details
- living arrangements if you’re single and start sharing your accommodation with a non family member who’s 16 or older.
You need to tell us about a change in your circumstances within 14 days. If you don’t, we may pay you too much. This means you’ll have a debt you need to pay back.
How to tell us
To tell us about changes to accommodation and relationship details you’ll need to complete the:
- accommodation details form for accommodation changes
- relationship details form for changes to living arrangements.
For other changes to your circumstances you can tell us using one of these self service options:
- your Centrelink online account through myGov
- the Express Plus Centrelink mobile app
- Centrelink phone self service.
If you don’t have access to a self service option please call the ABSTUDY line.
It’s important to tell us if you change your legal name.
To change or correct your legal name, we’ll need:
- an original document issued by a state or territory Births, Deaths and Marriages registry
- your consent to verify the document.
You need to bring your document to a service centre so we can update our records.