Approved care organisations

An approved care organisation may be eligible to get Family Tax Benefit for young people in their care.

You can apply to be approved to get Family Tax Benefit for young people in your care if your organisation:

  • provides or co-ordinates residential care services to young Australians
  • has financial statements to support this assessment.

Read about approved care organisations on the Department of Social Services website. If you would like to apply for approved care organisation status, please contact us on the Families line.

As an approved care organisation, you must complete the Approved care organisation - Admission, transfer or discharge spreadsheet when a young person is admitted, transferred or discharged from your care.

This information does not apply if you are an approved child care service for Child Care Subsidy purposes.

Page last updated: 30 September 2022.
QC 60260