on this page
What Work Assist is
Work Assist was previously the Job in Jeopardy program. It can help if you're at risk of losing your job due to any of the following:
Work Assist is free. You can access it by registering with a Disability Employment Services (DES) provider. You don’t need to be getting a payment from us to access the service.
It can help to:
- redesign your job so you can keep working
- change your workplace so you can continue to work
- get specialised equipment to help you do your job.
Who can get it
You may be eligible for Work Assist if all of the following apply. You:
- have worked an average of at least 8 hours a week over the last 13 weeks
- are at risk of losing your job because of your illness, injury or disability
- aren’t already getting assistance from a DES provider.
You can contact a DES provider for help with Work Assist. Go to the JobAccess website to find your local provider.