You must be starting or continuing an approved course.
You can be:
- a high school student aged 18 or older on 1 January in the year of study
- a full time or part time higher education student
- enrolled in a course that will prepare you to do a higher education course.
You must be both:
- doing an Australian Apprenticeship
- not get the Living Away From Home Allowance under the Australian Apprenticeship scheme.
The Australian Apprenticeship scheme website has details about the Living Away from Home Allowance and other financial support.