When to report

If you’re getting an income support payment, we’ll tell you when you need to report any other income you get.

You can view your reporting dates 12 weeks in advance online. You can do this in your Centrelink online account through myGov or the Express Plus Centrelink mobile app.

If you report late, your payment could be late. If you don’t report and you’re meant to, we won’t pay you.

You can report online up to 13 days after your reporting date. If you’re more than 13 days late, you need to call us on your regular payment line. There are 2 types of reporting:

  • scheduled reporting
  • unscheduled reporting.

You can tell us online when you start working. To do this, you can use your Centrelink online account or the Express Plus Centrelink mobile app. But, you must get one of these payments:

  • ABSTUDY Living Allowance
  • Age Pension
  • Austudy
  • Carer Payment
  • Parenting Payment Single and Partnered
  • Youth Allowance as a Student.

You must call your regular payment line to tell us when you start or stop working if you either:

  • get a different payment from us
  • have a partner who gets Disability Support Pension.
Page last updated: 1 September 2022.