Travel outside Australia

You must be eligible for a qualifying pension to get loan payments under the Home Equity Access Scheme while you’re overseas.

You must submit your Home Equity Access Scheme claim while you’re in Australia. Once you submit your claim, you may be able to get loan payments each fortnight while you’re overseas.

Your loan payment will stop if you’re no longer eligible for a qualifying pension.

You can call the Older Australians line to discuss your circumstances further.

Page last updated: 29 June 2023.
QC 52103