Rent Assistance

A regular extra payment if you pay rent and get certain payments from us.

You don’t need to submit a claim for Rent Assistance.

We check if you can get Rent Assistance when you make a new claim for certain payments.

If you already get a payment from us, we’ll check if you can get Rent Assistance when you tell us any of the following:

  • you’ve changed your address
  • your accommodation details have changed.

We may ask you to complete a Rent Certificate or provide a lease agreement. You only need to do this if we ask you to.

Review of your rent details

We’re still doing some reviews for customers already getting payments from us. You may have got a letter asking you to confirm or update your rent details. Read more about the review of your details.

If you’re in-between home addresses

If you’re in-between home addresses, keep us up to date and tell us where to send your mail in the meantime.

You can tell us about a home address you are moving to in the future but we can only send your mail there from the date you’ve told us you’ll be living there. However, while you’re waiting for this to happen, it’s important you give us a secure mailing address. If you don’t, your mail will go to the last mailing address you gave us.

Read more about how best to keep us up to date when you change address.

We have information and support available if you’re moving because of changes to your relationship.

Page last updated: 11 May 2023.
QC 22206