on this page
The law protects how we handle your personal information.
This information outlines how we manage your personal information if you use:
You can use Medicare online account or the Express Plus Medicare mobile app to manage your Medicare business. You decide:
- if you set up a Medicare online account and download the Express Plus Medicare mobile app onto your device
- what information you give us through Medicare online account and the Express Plus Medicare mobile app.
If you choose not to use a Medicare online account and the Express Plus Medicare mobile app to access Medicare services, you can:
- call Medicare general enquiries
- visit a service centre.
- collect your information through Medicare online accounts and the Express Plus Medicare mobile app
- store information on your device if you use the Express Plus Medicare mobile app.
We take reasonable steps to keep your information secure.
It’s your responsibility to protect your information from loss or misuse.
What information we’ll collect
If you create and use a Medicare online account or download and use the Express Plus Medicare mobile app, we’ll collect records with your personal information.
Why we collect information
We collect your personal information to process and manage your claims or provide services or payments to you.
If you don’t provide this information, we may not be able to process your claims, determine your eligibility or provide you payments and services.
Read more about the collection, use and disclosure of personal information for Medicare and Health program related purposes. We use Google Analytics to collect details about the pages you visit and your device. We use this information to improve the services we deliver to you.
You can read more about our use of Google Analytics in our data analytics and service improvement privacy notice.
Who we’ll share your personal information with
We only share your information with other parties where you have agreed, or where the law allows or requires it. Other parties includes:
- professional bodies
How to access your personal information provided through Medicare online account and the Express Plus Medicare mobile app
You have the right to:
- request access to records associated with Medicare online account and the Express Plus Medicare mobile app that contain your personal information
- apply to correct any inaccuracies in your personal information.
You have a right to have your personal information kept private.