Most useful information for Moving to Australia

The pages voted most useful by other website visitors.

Edit filters:

Residence descriptions

You usually need to be an Australian resident to get a payment from us. We explain how we define an Australian resident.

  1. Top payments
  2. Special Benefit

Who can get Special Benefit

You may get Special Benefit if you aren’t eligible for any other income support. You’ll need to meet some rules.

  1. Moving to Australia
  2. Most useful information

Request an Individual Healthcare Identifier form (MS003)

Use this form to register for an Individual Healthcare Identifier (IHI).

Newly arrived resident's waiting period

If you've recently arrived as a resident in Australia, you may have to wait to get payments or concession cards.

Income from outside Australia

Income you get from outside Australia can count in your income test.

  1. Top payments
  2. Assurance of Support

How long an Assurance of Support lasts

The Assurance of Support period depends on the type of visa you apply for. It can last for 1, 2, 4 or 10 years.

Online estimators

Use these tools to estimate or compare payments you might get based on your circumstances.

myGov help - Create a myGov account

Use myGov to access Centrelink, Medicare and Child Support, all in one place. This guide shows you how to create a myGov account.

Upload your Centrelink documents online

You can securely upload an image of your Centrelink form or other documents online.

  1. Special Benefit
  2. Who can get it

Income and assets test for Special Benefit

We use income and assets tests to check if you can get Special Benefit. We also use these to work out how much you can get.

Search results summary and pagination

230 results, showing 1 to 10

Page last updated: 10 December 2021