Managing your aged care

Find out different ways to keep your details up to date and plan ahead for any changes in your circumstances.

Aged care service reassessment

Over time you may find your needs change and the services you need to use will change. Find out more about when to get reassessed on the My Aged Care website.

You may also need a reassessment if you weren’t eligible before but your circumstances have since changed.

Change income and assets

You need to let us know if your circumstances change. This includes changes to your income and assets. You can update us on changes to your personal or financial details online.

Setting up online accounts

Read how to create an online account.

Once you have a myGov account, you can then link it to Medicare, Centrelink and My Aged Care.

Sign in to myGov

Arranging a nominee to act on your behalf

If it’s easier, you can nominate another person to act on your behalf with Centrelink. They can act on your behalf when dealing with us. You can change or cancel this at any time.

You can also appoint someone to act on your behalf with My Aged Care about your aged care services. This is a different process. Read about appointing a representative on the My Aged Care website.

Loss of your partner

If your partner dies, you may be able to get bereavement allowance. This is a short-term income support payment, usually paid for up to 14 weeks.

End of life preparation

There’s a lot to organise when someone dies. There are things you can do in advance to help take some burden off loved ones. Read about death of a loved one.

Page last updated: 13 October 2023.
QC 60055