Looking after your safety

Information to help you work with us.

Call 000 if you are in immediate danger. To close this page and display another website use the quick exit button. Remember to clear your internet search history.

To access 24/7 counselling and support, call 1800RESPECT on 1800 737 732.

Calling us for help

You can contact us if you have questions about:

  • Centrelink payments or debts
  • Medicare cards, payments or processes
  • Child Support assessments or debt.

If you’re affected by family and domestic violence, you can let us know. Anything you tell us is private. Any of our staff can help you get the right support.

If you’re separating from your partner, it’s important that you update your relationship status before changing your personal details. This will help protect your personal information so only you can see it.

Our social workers can also provide free, confidential counselling. They can refer you to other services that might help. To talk to a social worker, call us on the same number you usually use to call us and ask to speak with a social worker.

If you don’t usually call us, call the Employment Services line on 132 850. You’ll then need to ask to speak with a social worker.

Keep in mind, you may need to wait on hold before you speak to someone.

Get help to understand our information

If you need help to understand information about our payments and services, there are accessible options available. For example, we can help if:

  • you’re deaf, have hearing loss or speech disability
  • you need to talk to someone in your language
  • you or someone in your care has an injury, illness or disability.

We offer free language support services in over 200 languages.

For Centrelink payments and services, you can call our multilingual phone service.

For help with Medicare, you can call the Medicare program line. Let us know if you need an interpreter and we’ll arrange one for free.

For help with Child Support, you can call the Child Support Enquiry line. Let us know if you need an interpreter and we’ll arrange one for free.

We also have a Centrelink Indigenous Call Centre. If you’re an Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander person, call 1800 136 380 to speak to our trained staff.

Page last updated: 19 September 2023.
QC 60037