Upload your Centrelink documents online

You can send us an image of your form, pay slip or other document from your mobile device or computer.

Watch our video to see how.

How to upload your documents

You can upload your documents using either your:

The total size of all files for a document upload must be under 5MB. Each file must also be in 1 of the following formats:

  • pdf
  • png
  • jpeg
  • tiff.

Centrelink online account

Save the document you want to upload on your mobile device or computer. Then sign in to myGov and select Centrelink.

If you're a new customer, you'll need to:

To upload your document, select Upload documents from the homepage.

For help, read our upload documents online guide for your Centrelink online account.

Express Plus Centrelink mobile app

To upload your document, select Upload documents from the home screen. Your recent upload history will display. To start the upload, select Upload document, followed by the appropriate document type. Then, select 1 of the following options:

  • Take a photo, to capture a photo of a new image
  • Upload document, to choose a document you've already saved in your online storage device
  • Add a photo from library, to choose an existing image from your device's photo album or gallery.

When you upload an image to the app it will save automatically to your app vault.

For help, read our upload documents online guide for the Express Plus Centrelink mobile app.

What documents you can upload

Here are some examples of the types of documents you can upload from your mobile device or computer.

Type Examples
Centrelink Forms Employment Separation Certificate form.

Employer separation certificates.

PAYG certificates.

Tax returns.

Profit and loss statements.


Income and assets forms.

Bank or share statements.

Group certificates or payment summaries.


Study details forms.

Proof of enrolment or fee receipts.

Academic transcripts.

Course acceptance notices.


Health Care Card claims.

Medical reports.

Centrelink medical certificates.

Doctor issued medical certificates.


Rent certificates.

Proof of asset ownership documents.

Rates notices.

Rental contracts.

Child Related Documents

Newborn child claim proof of birth forms.

Birth certificates.

Adoption or surrogacy agreements.

Child care receipts.

Change of care documents.

Income Stream Review Any documentation used to support an Income Stream Review.
Immunisation Evidence

Immunisation History form.

Medical Exemption form.

A Child Health record book or overseas documents are not acceptable proof of immunisation.

Foreign Country Documents

Certificate of income from overseas.

Certificate of residence status.

Letters from foreign governments.

Enquiry Letter

Letter or fax.

Letter or fax to Centrelink from a third party.


Family Court documents.

Letters to confirm care of children.
Payslip Payslips.
Proof of Identity Documents to confirm you are who you say you are.

Related subjects

Page last updated: 2 October 2019