Changes to your circumstances
It’s important to tell us about changes to your circumstances that may affect your Continence Aids Payment Scheme payment.
What to tell us
You or your legal or authorised nominee must tell us about any changes that may affect your CAPS payments. This includes if:
- your eligibility for CAPS changes
- you apply for and get incontinence support from the National Disability Insurance Scheme
- you leave Australia for more than 3 years.
They must also tell us if any of these change:
- your personal circumstances
- your personal and contact details
- your address
- your bank details
- your care arrangements
- your nominee details
- your gender identity - gender updates are optional.
If you don’t tell us when your circumstances change, you risk either:
- not getting your payment
- getting overpaid and having to pay the money back.
How to tell us
If there is a change to your circumstances, you must call the Continence Aids Payment line.
Page last updated: 13 May 2021
This information was printed 11 June 2021 from https://www.servicesaustralia.gov.au/individuals/services/medicare/continence-aids-payment-scheme/how-manage-your-payment/changes-your-circumstances. It may not include all of the relevant information on this topic. Please consider any relevant site notices at https://www.servicesaustralia.gov.au/individuals/site-notices when using this material.