What it is
The Financial Information Service helps you make informed decisions about your finances.
With this information, you will be better able to:
- increase your confidence with financial matters like investment, salary sacrifice and superannuation
- understand your own financial affairs and options
- understand financial planners and how to use their advice
- how to use credit sensibly
- save and plan for the future through investing
- plan for your retirement
- understand what happens when you move into aged care.
We can explain:
- the risk of certain financial products
- the roles of financial professionals
- the benefit of reducing debt
- how you can increase your overall retirement income.
Page last updated: 4 November 2019
This information was printed 27 May 2020 from https://www.servicesaustralia.gov.au/individuals/services/financial-information-service/what-it. It may not include all of the relevant information on this topic. Please consider any relevant site notices at https://www.servicesaustralia.gov.au/individuals/site-notices when using this material.