What it is
The Financial Information Service helps you make informed decisions about your finances.
Watch our video to learn about the Financial Information Service.
With this information, you will be better able to:
- increase your confidence with financial matters like investment, salary sacrifice and superannuation
- understand your own financial affairs and options
- understand financial planners and how to use their advice
- how to use credit sensibly
- save and plan for the future through investing
- plan for your retirement
- understand what happens when you move into aged care.
We can explain:
- the risk of certain financial products
- the roles of financial professionals
- the benefit of reducing debt
- how you can increase your overall retirement income.
We have Financial Information Service officers to help you.
Page last updated: 17 June 2020
This information was printed 7 October 2021 from https://www.servicesaustralia.gov.au/individuals/services/financial-information-service/what-it. It may not include all of the relevant information on this topic. Please consider any relevant site notices at https://www.servicesaustralia.gov.au/individuals/site-notices when using this material.