Travel outside Australia

There are rules about when you can get Pharmaceutical Allowance when you travel outside Australia.

What the rules are

If you leave Australia to live in another country, your payment will stop on departure.

If you leave Australia on a temporary basis, you will continue getting your payment. But you must also be getting your main payment.

Read more about payments while outside Australia.

Page last updated: 22 March 2021