How to work with your case officer

A Farm Household Case Officer will contact you when you start to get Farm Household Allowance. They’ll guide and support you while you’re on this payment.

They’ll ask you to complete a Farm Financial Assessment to assess your farm’s financial position.

After completing the assessment, they’ll work with you on your Financial Improvement Agreement. The agreement helps you to improve your financial position. It sets out the activities you must do while you get the allowance. You can claim an activity supplement which helps you pay for activities in your agreement.

You have 28 days to enter into the agreement or your payments may stop. Talk to your case officer as soon as possible if you need more time.

Your case officer will contact you regularly to review your agreement. They'll do this in in person or over the phone.

They can also put you in touch with a Rural Financial Counsellor. Find out about this service on the Department of Agriculture, Water and the Environment website.

Your case officer can also refer you to other services that may help when you transition off the allowance.

Next: How to manage your payment

Your options and obligations for Farm Household Allowance (FHA).

Page last updated: 29 April 2021