To get Farm Household Allowance (FHA) you must meet all the following:
- be a farmer or partner of a farmer
- be 16 years or older
- contribute labour and capital to an Australian farm, or are the partner of a farmer who does
- have income and assets below certain amounts
- have had less than 4 years of FHA in the specific 10-year period.
Your farm must have significant commercial purpose. We'll assess this based on all the following:
- the purpose of your farm
- the prospect for profit
- consistency of activity
- whether your farm runs as a business
- the size, scale and permanency of your farm activity.
Farmer Assistance Hotline
Our specialist staff can give you advice about:
- progress of applications
- change in circumstances
- general enquiries.
Call the Farmer Assistance Hotline and talk to us about assistance we give to farmers.