You can only get Farm Household Allowance (FHA) for a maximum period.
You can get FHA for 4 years in specific 10 year periods. We count 4 years as a total of 1,460 days.
The first 3 periods are:
- 1 July 2014 to 30 June 2024
- 1 July 2024 to 30 June 2034
- 1 July 2034 to 30 June 2044.
If you’ve already used up your 4 years, you can claim FHA again from 1 July 2024.
You don’t have to use your 4 years of FHA all at once. You can save it for when you need it.
Once you use your 4 years, your payment stops. You can apply again at the start of the next 10 year period.
You can also:
- use Payment and Service Finder to explore other payments and services
- find a rural financial counsellor on the Department of Agriculture, Water and the Environment website.
Page last updated: 11 June 2020
This information was printed 11 June 2021 from https://www.servicesaustralia.gov.au/individuals/services/centrelink/farm-household-allowance/how-manage-your-payment/time-limits. It may not include all of the relevant information on this topic. Please consider any relevant site notices at https://www.servicesaustralia.gov.au/individuals/site-notices when using this material.