We review your Farm Household Allowance to make sure you’re still eligible, and check that we’ve paid you the right amount.

Why you might get a letter

We check your ongoing eligibility to receive the Farm Household Allowance as part of our compliance program. We do this by making sure your circumstances are up to date on your customer record.

We may contact you if:

  • we need to talk to you about your circumstances
  • we need more information to confirm your ongoing eligibility.

If we can’t contact you by phone, we may send you a letter asking you to contact us.

If we can’t contact you using the address we have, we may suspend your payment until you contact us.

Remember to tell us about any changes in your circumstances within 14 days.

What you need to do

If we send you a letter about a Farm Household Allowance review, call us within 28 days of getting your letter.

If we don’t hear from you it may affect your payment

If you don’t contact us within 28 days of getting your letter, we may suspend your payment.

How to give us documents

When you call us we may ask you to give us documents. You can submit your documents online.

If you can’t do this online, you can send them to us at:

Services Australia
Customer Compliance
Reply Paid 83340
Canberra BC ACT 2610

What happens next

We use the information you give us to check we paid you the right payment and amount in the past.

The outcome may be:

  • no change to your current payment
  • we confirm we paid you the correct amount in the past
  • a change to your current payment
  • we overpaid you in the past and you need to pay money back.

We’ll send you a letter if you’ve been overpaid. The letter will explain:

  • why you owe the money
  • the amount you owe
  • when you need to pay it back
  • how you can pay it back.

Read more about Centrelink debts and overpayments.

If you don’t agree with the outcome, you can ask for a review at any time, even if you’ve started paying us back. You can also ask us to pause your repayments until our review is complete.

Read more about reviews and appeals.

If you have a nominee, you can ask them to deal with us on your behalf.

How to get help

If you need help with your Farm Household Allowance review, call the Services Australia customer compliance line.

We can offer you support

We can help if you’re in crisis or need special help. This includes if you’re in severe financial hardship, recovering from a disaster or need special assistance.

Page last updated: 4 June 2024.
QC 63865