FTB Part B eligibility
We may pay you FTB Part B if you’re a single parent or non-parent carer, a grandparent carer, or if you’re a member of a couple with 1 main income.
You may be eligible if either:
- you’re a member of a couple with 1 main income and care for a dependent child aged under 13
- you’re a single parent or non-parent carer, or a grandparent carer and care for a dependent child aged under 18. The child must meet study requirements if they’re aged 16 to 18.
You must also meet all of the following:
You or your partner can’t get FTB Part B while getting Parental Leave Pay.
Children 16 to 18 meet the study requirements if any of the following apply to them. They:
- are in full time secondary study in an approved course leading towards a year 12 or equivalent qualification
- have an acceptable study load
- have been granted an exemption from us.
There is extra support available if you’re caring for your grandchildren. Read more about support for grandparent carers.
There’s also other payments and services available for non parent carers. Read more about support for non parent carers.
Page last updated: 13 June 2019
This information was printed 10 September 2021 from https://www.servicesaustralia.gov.au/individuals/services/centrelink/family-tax-benefit/who-can-get-it/ftb-part-b-eligibility. It may not include all of the relevant information on this topic. Please consider any relevant site notices at https://www.servicesaustralia.gov.au/individuals/site-notices when using this material.