You may be eligible if either:
- you’re a member of a couple with one main income and care for a dependent child aged under 13
- you’re a single parent, or a grandparent carer and care for a dependent child aged under 18. The child must meet study requirements if they’re aged 16 to 18.
Read more about how we define a relationship.
You must also meet all of the following:
You or your partner can’t get FTB Part B while getting Parental Leave Pay.
Children 16 to 18 meet the study requirements if any of the following apply to them. They:
- are in full time secondary study in an approved course leading towards a year 12 or equivalent qualification
- have an acceptable study load
- have been granted an exemption from us.
There is extra support available if you’re caring for your grandchildren. Read more about support for grandparent carers.
There’s also other payments and services available for non parent carers. Read more about support for non parent carers.