Child Care Benefit

You can no longer claim Child Care Benefit (CCB).

CCB stopped on 1 July 2018. If you need help with child care fees for approved care, you can claim Child Care Subsidy.

Special Child Care Benefit (SCCB) and Grandparent Child Care Benefit (GCCB) stopped on 1 July 2018. If you need extra help with your child care fees, you may get either:

You needed to meet specific criteria to be eligible for CCB. You can no longer submit a lump sum claim for CCB. These closed on 30 June 2019.

Balancing CCB for financial years before 2018-19

If you got CCB for approved care for any financial year before 2018-19, we can still balance your CCB.

When we balance your payments, we compare your income estimate with your actual income. This is to make sure we paid you the right amount of CCB that financial year.

Before we can balance your payments we may need you or your partner to lodge a tax return.

If you or your partner don’t need to lodge a tax return, you need to let us know. You can do this and confirm your income for the year using either your:

Page last updated: 11 July 2019