How to transfer online
Complete the following steps to transfer to Age Pension. Before you start, check if you can get it.
Steps to transfer to Age Pension
1. Get ready to transfer
The easiest way to transfer is online. You don’t need to complete the online transfer in 1 session. You can save your responses and continue with your transfer at a later time. We’ll only ask you questions relevant to your circumstances.
To transfer online, you need a myGov account linked to Centrelink.
If you don’t have a myGov account or a Centrelink online account you’ll need to set them up.
If you can’t transfer online either:
3. Start your transfer
- Sign in to myGov and go to Centrelink.
- Select Make a claim, then Make a claim.
- Under Seniors, select Get started, then Transfer to Age Pension.
- We’ll ask some questions to check your eligibility and help you decide if you should transfer to Age Pension. Answer all the questions. Each screen has information to help you complete the transfer. This includes how to submit your supporting documents.
- Submit your transfer.
When you’re ready:
4. Transfer received
After you submit your transfer online, you’ll get a confirmation telling you:
- when you have to provide all documentation by
- that your transfer was submitted.
We’ll also let you know the result of your transfer. We’ll send a letter to your:
If you don’t get electronic letters, we’ll send you a letter in the mail.
If we need more details we’ll ask you for them.
If you think we’ve made a mistake you can ask us to review our decision.
Page last updated: 13 January 2020
This information was printed 28 July 2021 from https://www.servicesaustralia.gov.au/individuals/services/centrelink/age-pension/how-claim/transfer-age-pension/how-transfer-online. It may not include all of the relevant information on this topic. Please consider any relevant site notices at https://www.servicesaustralia.gov.au/individuals/site-notices when using this material.