Income from self employment

If you’re self employed you need to tell us about your business income. This is so we can pay you the right amount. You also need to tell us if this changes.

If you’re self employed, you must tell us about both:

  • business income
  • any significant changes to your overall business income or expenses.

You don’t need to include your business income in your fortnightly income reporting. We use the information you give us about your business to work out an annual income amount. We then use that amount to work out your fortnightly payment rate.

If you’re in a partnership, your share of the business income will depend on your business arrangement.

Page last updated: 12 January 2023.
QC 53204