HPOS gives providers and their delegates access to information relevant to their patients and organisations.
Services, payments and programs
Services, payments and programs available in HPOS:
- Australian Immunisation Register (AIR)
- Centrelink Forms
- Child Dental Benefits Schedule
- Department of Veterans’ Affairs
- My Health Record System
- Healthcare Identifiers Service
- Midwife Professional Indemnity Scheme (MPIS)
- Pathology Registration
- PBS Authorities
- PBS and RPBS stationery
- Practice Incentives Program (PIP)
- Prescription Shopping Information Program
- TGA recall and hazard alerts.
Other things you can do using HPOS
Access online claiming, including:
- Medicare Patient Claim Webclaim
- Medicare Bulk Bill Webclaim
- DVA Webclaim.
View these reports:
- Medicare Bulk Bill reports
- DVA Webclaim reports
- Prescription Shopping Patient Summary reports.
Manage your details, including:
- administer delegates
- update or add your banking and personal details
- view details about your provider number and create a new provider location
- access track and scale information.
Access patient information:
- use Find a Patient and check Medicare numbers
- concessional entitlement verification
- view patient care plan history.
Communicate with us:
- message us
- view statements and subscriptions
- upload documents
- upload selected forms.
Access useful MBS and PBS functions:
- MBS items online checker
- MBS partial payment calculator
- MBS Online
- PBS Schedule.
Request and manage these PKI certificates:
- NASH PKI certificates for Healthcare Identifiers Service network organisations
- PKI certificates for the Healthcare Identifiers Service.
A guide to help health professionals submit forms in Health Professional Online Services (HPOS) using the form upload function.
A guide to help health professionals complete and submit the Medical Certificate form in HPOS to update a patient's Centrelink record.
A guide to help health professionals submit Medicare bulk bill claims electronically for real time assessment through HPOS.
A guide to help health professionals submit Medicare patient claims electronically for real time assessment through HPOS.
A guide to help health professionals manage claims and payments for Department of Veterans’ Affairs (DVA) programs through HPOS.
Learn how to use the Medicare Benefits Schedule (MBS) items online checker in HPOS to confirm patient and claim eligibility.
You can view your patient's care plan history for the last 12 months in HPOS. It’s recorded against their Medicare record.