Family home location

To get the Tertiary Access Payment, your family home needs to be located in certain areas.

The family home address you’re moving away from must be at least 90 minutes by public transport from your education institution and in one of these areas:

  • inner regional
  • outer regional
  • remote
  • very remote.

Use the Student Regional Area Search to find out if your home address is in an eligible area.

What family home means

Your family home is the current home address of your parent or guardian.

If you’re exempt from providing your parental income, it’s the address where you were living 6 months before the start of your course.

You can check if you’re exempt from providing your parental income.

Page last updated: 9 March 2023.
QC 53449