This Crisis Payment ended on 1 October 2022. You can only claim it after this date if you, or someone you care for, entered quarantine or self-isolation starting on or before 30 September 2022.
To get this Crisis Payment you must meet all of the following:
- be eligible for an income support payment or ABSTUDY Living Allowance
- be in severe financial hardship
- be in Australia when you claim
- have proof of a COVID-19 test requiring you, or the person you are caring for, to enter quarantine or self-isolation
- entered quarantine or self-isolation on or before 30 September 2022.
Time limits apply for making your claim.
We’ll ask for proof of the COVID-19 test. Your claim will be rejected if you don’t send us the right kind of evidence. Read about what evidence you need to provide.
You can’t get this payment if:
- you don’t contact us on time after starting quarantine or self-isolation
- you’ve already had the payment twice in the last 6 months
- you’re just in lockdown.
Read about who can get it.
You need to meet some rules and contact us within certain time limits to get this payment.
You can get a maximum of 2 Crisis Payments for National Health Emergency in a 6 month period.
Complete the following steps to claim a Crisis Payment for National Health Emergency (COVID-19). Before you start, check if you can get it.