Confirm your study details

After you claim the Tertiary Access Payment you need to confirm your study details. You need to be studying when you do this, so we can pay you.

What you need to do

If you’ve claimed the payment, you may get a letter from us about 6 weeks after your course starts. We’ll ask you to provide proof you’re still studying.

We’ll ask you to give us evidence from your education provider confirming your study load and course you’re enrolled in. The date on the document needs to be dated on or after the date of the letter.

You’ll find the letter asking you to confirm your study details in your myGov Inbox.

If your Centrelink online account is linked to myGov, sign in now to upload your proof of enrolment and confirm your study details.

Sign in to myGov

If you don’t have a myGov account or a Centrelink online account you’ll need to create them.

You can also use the Express Plus Centrelink mobile app.

Either way you choose, select the Academic Reassessment task, then the TAP Online review.

If you’re temporarily unable to study due to a medical reason, you can send us a medical certificate. This also applies if you’re studying part time due to medical reasons.

If you can’t provide your information online, you can call the Youth and students line.

Once we get your proof of enrolment, we’ll pay you a $3,000 Tertiary Access Payment, if you’re from an inner regional area. If you’re from an outer regional or remote area, we’ll pay you a $5,000 Tertiary Access Payment in 2 instalments. The first instalment will be $3,000 and the second instalment will be $2,000.

Outer regional and remote students

If you’re from an outer regional or remote area, we’ll ask you to confirm your study details in the second half of your study year. This will be before we pay you the second instalment of $2,000. Most students will get their second letter asking for proof of enrolment in September.

What happens if you don’t do this

You need to give us your current enrolment information or we won’t pay you the Tertiary Access Payment. We may send you a letter asking for this information. You need to give us this information by the response date noted in the letter.

If you don’t confirm you’re still studying by the response deadline in the letter, we’ll reject your claim. If you still want to get payment but we’ve rejected your claim, please contact us. You may have to claim the Tertiary Access Payment again.

Page last updated: 12 May 2023.
QC 62166