Changing your circumstances

It’s important to tell us if your circumstances change when you get a Student Start-up Loan.

What to tell us

You need to tell us if there are changes to:

  • your personal and contact details
  • your bank details
  • your relationship changes, for example if you become partnered or separated
  • your study, including any changes to your study load.

If you change courses and are still eligible for the loan, you’ll need to update your study details then re-apply for it.

You need to tell us about a change in your circumstances within 14 days. If you don’t, we may pay you too much and you may have to pay back the money.

How to tell us

You can tell us about a change to your circumstances using one of these self service options:

Read more about what you can do using self service.

If you don’t have access to a self service option please call the Youth and students line.

Page last updated: 24 July 2022