What to tell us
You need to tell us if any of the following things change:
- you change or correct your name
- your personal and contact details
- your bank details
- your relationship changes, for example if you become partnered or separated
- care arrangements for anyone in your care, including your children
- your study, including any changes to your study load
- you get a lump sum payment
- your or your partner’s income or assets change
- you’re no longer getting a STARTUP-HELP loan for your Startup Year course.
You also need to tell us if you’re leaving the country, temporarily or to live somewhere else.
You need to tell us about a change in your circumstances within 14 days. If you don’t, we may pay you too much. This means you’ll have debt you need to pay back.
How to tell us
If your Centrelink online account is linked to myGov you can tell us about changes to your circumstances online. To do this, sign in to myGov and select My details.
You can also tell us using either:
Read more about what you can do using self service.
If you don’t have access to a self service option please call the Youth and students line.
It’s important to tell us if you change your legal name.