What to tell us
You need to tell us if any of the following things change:
- you change or correct your name
- your personal and contact details
- your bank details
- your study, including any changes to your study load
- you're leaving the country, temporarily or to live somewhere else
- your accommodation details
- your living arrangements if you’re single and start sharing your accommodation with a non family member who’s 16 or older.
You need to tell us about a change in your circumstances within 14 days. If you don’t, we may pay you too much. This means you’ll have debt you need to pay back.
How to tell us
To tell us about changes to your circumstances you can use one of these self service options:
- your Centrelink online account through myGov
- the Express Plus Centrelink mobile app
- Centrelink phone self service.
Read more about what you can do using self service.
If you don’t have access to a self service option please call the Youth and students line.
It’s important to tell us if you change your legal name.
To change or correct your legal name, we’ll need:
- an original document issued by a state or territory Births, Deaths and Marriages registry
- your consent to verify the document.
You need to bring your document to a service centre so we can update our records.