Change of circumstances

You need to tell us if your circumstances change when you get ABSTUDY School Term Allowance.

What to tell us

You need to tell us if any of the following things change:

  • your personal and contact details
  • your bank details
  • you're leaving the country, temporarily or to live somewhere else
  • your child changes schools or lives with someone else.

You need to tell us about a change in your circumstances within 14 days. If you don’t, we may pay you too much. This means you’ll have a debt you need to pay back.

How to tell us

For changes to your circumstances you can tell us using one of these self service options:

If you don’t have access to a self service option please call the ABSTUDY line.

Page last updated: 3 March 2022