on this page
You don't need to do anything for your FTB to balance, if for the entire 2022-23 financial year all of the following applied:
- you were single
- you got an income support payment with no gaps in payment
- your earnings didn’t reduce your income support payment to zero at any time in the year.
If your income support payment was cancelled or reduced to zero because you earned income, this counts as a gap in your payment. If that happened at any time during the year, we may not balance your payments without you confirming your income.
If you need to confirm your income, either:
- lodge a tax return with the Australian Taxation Office (ATO)
- let us know you don’t need to lodge a tax return and confirm your income.
If you are unsure if you need to lodge a tax return, check Do I need to lodge a tax return? tool on the ATO website.
If you got Child Care Subsidy (CCS) you must confirm your income. Read about when we balance your CCS.
The date you got your final FTB payment for the financial year determines when we do both of the following:
- balance your FTB
- pay your supplements and any top ups.
FTB payment dates
FTB payment dates if you got FTB in 2022-23
|Date of your last 2022-23 FTB payment||Balancing starts||Date we should pay supplements and top ups by|
|4 July 2023||4 July 2023||11 July 2023|
|5 July 2023||5 July 2023||12 July 2023|
|6 July 2023||6 July 2023||13 July 2023|
|7 July 2023||7 July 2023||14 July 2023|
|10 July 2023||10 July 2023||17 July 2023|
|11 July 2023||11 July 2023||18 July 2023|
|12 July 2023||12 July 2023||19 July 2023|
|13 July 2023||13 July 2023||20 July 2023|
|14 July 2023||14 July 2023||21 July 2023|
|17 July 2023||17 July 2023||24 July 2023|
When we balance your FTB, we’ll also check if you can get any supplements for the 2022-23 financial year.
If you're eligible, you may get any of the following:
- FTB Part A supplement of up to $817.60 for each eligible child
- FTB Part B supplement of up to $397.85 per family
- Single Income Family Supplement of up to $300 per family.
The amount of supplement you’re paid can vary.
Read more about understanding your FTB balancing outcome.
We balance CCS separately to FTB. We’ll start balancing CCS for 2022-23 from mid-August 2023 once we get both of the following:
- all attendance information from your child care service
- confirmation of your family’s income.
We’ll then send you a letter explaining the outcome.
Read more about balancing CCS.