After your baby’s birth you may be able to get financial support for the costs of child care.
If you’re on a low income, you may be able to get both:
Your partner may be able to get Dad and Partner Pay.
If your child is with disability
You may also be eligible for these payments and services:
- Carer Allowance
- Carer Payment
- Child Disability Assistance Payment
- Essential Medical Equipment Payment
- Youth Disability Supplement.
We also provide support with living costs such as:
- a health care card to help with visits to the doctor
- telephone allowance to help with home phone and internet costs
- Rent Assistance if you get certain payments from us.
To find help for new parents in your area go to the Payment and Service Finder.