To get the $250 one-off Cost of Living Payment you must be a Centrelink or Department of Veterans’Affairs customer. You must have been residing in Australia on 29 March 2022 and either:
- you were able to claim, or were getting an eligible payment
- you were able to get, or had an eligible concession card.
The eligible payments are all of these:
- ABSTUDY Living Allowance
- Age Pension
- Carer Payment
- Carer Allowance, but only if you’re not getting another income support payment
- Disability Support Pension
- Double Orphan Pension
- Farm Household Allowance
- JobSeeker Payment
- Parenting Payment
- Special Benefit
- Youth Allowance for students and Australian Apprentices
- Youth Allowance for job seekers
- eligible Department of Veterans’ Affairs payments.
The eligible concession cards are all of these:
- Commonwealth Seniors Health Card
- Pension Concession Card if you’re not getting an income support payment
- DVA Gold Cards.
Read more about the cost of living support for veterans and families on the Department of Veterans’ Affairs website.