Who can get it

You can get assistance with ABSTUDY masters and doctorate tuition fees if you meet certain criteria.

You may be eligible for assistance with masters or doctorate compulsory course fees if you’re getting one of the following:

  • ABSTUDY Living Allowance
  • ABSTUDY Pensioner Education Supplement
  • Defence Force Income Support Allowance under the Veterans' Entitlements Act 1986, before 1 January 2022.

To be eligible you need to be getting one of these payments. You must get them for at least one fortnight in the year of study.

You must also be doing a full-time or approved concessional study load masters or doctorate course with an approved provider.

And, you must not be getting any other form of government assistance. For example scholarship under the Australian Government Research Training Program.

Page last updated: 1 January 2022.
QC 53279